Internship: EV & microgrid research internship in the Netherlands and New York
East Coast Electric, Dutch INCERT and Spark-City are interested to see where and how we can form a research collaboration that will enhance academic research in the field of electric vehicles & microgrids.
The research assignment focuses on two separate, but interconnected areas. First of all the intern needs to investigate the current state of electric vehicle and microgrid research in the Netherlands and to present this in an update of the D-
incert research agenda. Followed by an intensive field research on the state of academic innovation in the United States. The intern will be based in New York, but will be asked to go to other locations and meet with academic institutions.
The end product:
• An overview of the EV & microgrid research field in The Netherlands.
• An overview of the research projects in the United States
• A clear visualization of the similarities and differences of Dutch and American EV & microgrid research.
• An analysis on possible research collaboration between Dutch and American institutes
We are looking for:
For this internship we are looking for an excellent HBO/WO student with the following traits:
• Proven interest in innovation
• Excellent communication skills
• A basic understanding of the electric vehicle market
• A basic understanding of the microgrid market
• Capability to work independently
• The ability to combine individual company interest with a broader perspective
• Cleantech experience is preferred
It is a 6 month dedicated project of which 2/3 months are based in the Netherlands, and 2/3 months are based in New York. The selected student receives a monthly 500 euro compensation in the Netherlands and a 1000 dollar compensation in the US.
In the Netherlands you will be guided by Auke Hoekstra.
In the US you will be guided by Tim Kreukniet.
This internship can be combined with a Master thesis.
When interested please send your C.V. and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do a pre-screening of the candidates, if selected an interview will follow. We try our best to respond to each candidate
within 3 days after the initial application.
We aim to let the research start in the beginning of april.